+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 17 of 17

Thread: Probability of radar detection

  1. #16
    Points: 1,879, Level: 25
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 21

    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Probability of radar detection




    .122 and .878
    so given that the radar doesnt register i would use the sum in the right column of 0.878 and that would be the probability that aircraft is present given it is not regsitered by radar.

  2. #17
    Points: 2,513, Level: 30
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 87

    Posts
    194
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts

    Re: Probability of radar detection


    Okay, so a fraction 0.878 of the time there will be no alarm going off. But in 0.005 of those cases there will have actually been a plane there. So the probability that a plane is there, given that the alarm is not going off, is 0.005/0.878 = 0.6%. (Now that you have the row and column totals, you can use division to compute conditional probabilities. Similiarly, the probability that there is no plane there given that there is no alarm going off is 0.873 / 0.878 = 99.4%. Note that there probabilites add to one, as they should.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

           




Similar Threads

  1. Signal/Noise Detection stats
    By saratogacoach in forum Psychology Statistics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2011, 06:07 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 07:04 AM
  3. Simple signal detection theory
    By ChrisA in forum Statistics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 12:52 PM
  4. Help please - Signal detection theory
    By sungrazer in forum Psychology Statistics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2008, 05:30 AM
  5. Conditions Number, Collineartiy detection
    By sokol in forum Statistics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 03:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts






Advertise on Talk Stats