+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Regressional on likert scale data using spss

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 91

Thanks

Regression analysis on likert scale data using spss

Hi guys,
    I am in a fix!!. My questionnaires have recently been filled but am yet to figure out how to analyze my data. My topic is "impact of electronic banking on customer satisfaction". Thus my dependent variable is customer satisfaction and my independent variables are servqual attributes i.e (reliability, responsiveness, assurance, empathy and tangibles).

My research hypothesis is:
    H0: There is a relation between customer satisfaction in e-banking and reliability, responsiveness, assurance, empathy, and tangibles.

H1: There is no relation between customer satisfaction ine-banking and reliability, responsiveness, assurance, empathy, and tangibles.

My questionnaire was based on a five point likert scale:
    where 1=strongly dissatisfied and 5=strongly satisfied.

The questionnaire had 26 Statements which were based on the independent servqual attributes i.e
    (reliability, responsiveness, assurance, empathy and tangibles).

My problem comes on analysis. How do I determine the dependent and independent variables on spss, when doing regression analysis, using the likert scale data?

any response will be highly appreciated.
    Last edited by thega; 04-04-2011 at 07:05 AM.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 48

Thanks

Re: Regressional on likert scale data using spss

Hi guys, I am in a fix!!. My questionnaires have recently been filled but am yet to figure out how to analyze my data. My topic is "impact of electronic banking on customer satisfaction". Thus my dependent variable is customer satisfaction and my independent variables are servqual attributes i.e (reliability, responsiveness, assurance, empathy and tangibles). My research hypothesis is: H0: There is a relation between customer satisfaction in e-banking and reliability, responsiveness, assurance, empathy, and tangibles. H1: There is no relation between customer satisfaction ine-banking and reliability, responsiveness, assurance, empathy, and tangibles. My questionnaire was based on a five point likert scale: where 1=strongly dissatisfied and 5=strongly satisfied. The questionnaire had 26 Statements which were based on the independent servqual attributes i.e (reliability, responsiveness, assurance, empathy and tangibles). My problem comes on analysis. How do I determine the dependent and independent variables on spss, when doing regression analysis, using the likert scale data? any response will be highly appreciated.

Omega Contributor
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,185 Times in 1,146 Posts

Re: Regressional on likert scale data using spss

Can you add a little formatting to your post, so it is not a big block of text. This may help in getting more feedback.
    Stop cowardice, ban guns!

+ Reply to Thread