+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chi square or logistic reg test? Groups are different only in 2 demographic data.

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 44

Thanks

Chi square or logistic reg test? Groups are different only in 2 demographic data.

I have to compare rates of any breastfeeding (categorical variables: yes and No) between two groups of women. I recruited the sandard care group first and then the intervnetion group from the same population. I found that the intervention and standard care group were different in smoking prior to pregnancy and different in indigenous status (P<0.05). Could I still use chi square test to compare breastfeeding rates between the groups or should I use logistic regression. What test is the best to use in this siuation please?

This is my first question in this web. Do you think this is the correct forum to send my question? if not please advise me which forum is the best to use? Thanks

Fortran must die
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Thanks

Re: Chi squar or logistic reg test? Groups are different only in 2 demographic data.

You should be able to do both but logistic regression gives you a lot more information. Chi square does not tell you how the groups varied of by how much for example. It just tells you they did.

This seems like the right forum to ask these type of questions to me. We get them all the time You might want to look at the biostatistics, regression, or FAQ forums and see if someone answered this already.
    "Very few theories have been abandoned because they were found to be invalid on the basis of empirical evidence...." Spanos, 1995

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 44

Thanks

Re: Chi squar or logistic reg test? Groups are different only in 2 demographic data.

Thank you so much for the quick reply .

+ Reply to Thread