+ Reply to Thread

Thread: multidimensional relationship inter/intra

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 36

Thanks

multidimensional relationship inter/intra

Dear all,

I hope that my thread does not overlap other posts but I am not sure about the keywords to search this forum.

Here is my problem, I will first not give details about what the data are and will try to keep it simple.

I have 3 experiments with a known biological relationship between them. For each experiment, I have two columns representing a mean value at two different zones of a gene. Each line is therefore representing a gene (see attached file).

I want to assess the relationship between the mean for zone1 and zone2, but also to be able to assess this relationship between experiment.

For the first point, I think a classical test (such as t-test) will do the trick but for the second point, this is getting harder to me.

What could I used to assess the relationship between zone1 and zone2 between experiment?

I think a ratio zone1/zone2 will not make them comparable, do you have any idea?

Thank you very much.
    Attached Images  

Omega Contributor
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 1,147 Posts

Re: multidimensional relationship inter/intra

Repeated Measures ANOVA lets you look at within and between factor differences, but with the level of information that you presented I am unsure if your scenario entails repeated measures or would work.
    Stop cowardice, ban guns!

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 36

Thanks

Re: multidimensional relationship inter/intra

Thanks for your reply. I think this test is not suitable for my problem since there is not a direct relationship between exp 1,2,3. I can consider, regarding what I read about the test you proposed, that my experiments are independent.

My question is: Does it exist a numeric estimator of the difference between two samples?
    I then want to use this estimator to compare it across populations. Knowing that each population contains two samples, it will enable me
    to assess the "difference of the difference" between populations.

Is it more understandable?

+ Reply to Thread