+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 40

Thanks

Need help

I want to analyze the correlation and the significanse between blood test cound (continous variable) and another continous variable- which test shoul i use?

Also, the same with blood count (continous) and yes/no variable (yes disease/ no disease) which test?

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 25

Thanks

Re: Need help

You clearly didn't read the "How to Post" guidelines did you? First bit of advice, don't just say "need help," make your title something that tells us about what you're looking for help on. make it related to your questions.

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 25

Thanks

To answer your question, what program are you using? In STATA, you can use the simple command correlate var1 var2 and it will give you the correlation between 2 variables. Remember though that correlation doesn't tell you anything about the impact one variable has on another. They could be completely unrelated and still correlated.

ggplot2orBust
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Awards:
    User with most referrers
    Thanks

This is fairly straight forward answer but I'm going to direct you to a resource we have compiled by a moderator (TheEcologist) that will enable you to determine which test to use (LINK). In this thread (which is located in the FAQ forum of our website) you'll see links to various resources to help you make this determination.
    "If you torture the data long enough it will eventually confess."
    -Ronald Harry Coase -

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 40

Thanks

well - i really didnt read how to post. im using spss - and didnt quite find an answer. should i run regression in the 2 continous variable? or pearson ?
    i nees a simple answer: to find the correlation between blood cound and another blood count ? and the correlation between ordinal and continous ?

+ Reply to Thread