+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: tests of normality

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 62

Thanks

Re: tests of normality

No. Each row is a different "treatment". I have a lot of them, maybe 200 or 300. The idea is find some like

Code: 
    20 30 23 43 23 43
    for example. A row very different than the others.

Devorador de queso
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Awards:
    Posting AwardCommunity AwardDiscussion EnderFrequent Poster
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,629 Times in 2,245 Posts

@victor - they already mentioned that the response is a count so a lot of those questions aren't necessary. It would still be good for them to provide more info about the data though.
    I don't have emotions and sometimes that makes me very sad.

Thanks

No. Each row hasn't relation with the other. Not treatments, but observations....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by victorxstc View Post
    Dason I know it was already mentioned. I wanted to know if they know the meaning of "count", "row", or other things. Besides, I wanted to see if the poster wants to put a little bit time to answer our questions in a proper way, or they resist in repeating vague answers.

I need to delete my two posts, because they of no use any more (and apparently they were not of any use since none of them was responded!)

More power to you! and god bless you!
    Sorry, but I didn't see your post!

Omega Contributor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 1,147 Posts

How many rows or treatments do you have?
    Stop cowardice, ban guns!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by victorxstc View Post
    Slavia, please clarify your variables and be so kind to answer clearly to the following questions, and kindly check your text for at least once and correct its grammar a little bit, before you post them. I would be so thankful if so. Here are my questions:

1. What are the number of your variables? They are 6 rows and how many columns?
    2. Are you referring to CELLs by the word "row"?
    3. Do you have only 6 cells?
    4. What is the unit of measurement for each cell (each treatment)?
    5. Is each treatment a "ratio"? Or is it something you have measured using a unit of measurement? For example each cell can represent the Average of the time elapsed for 200 surgeries. Please CLARIFY what are your variables and what is their unit of measurement?
    6. Is each row a value between 0 and 100? For example 57.8.
    7. Is each row a value between 0 and 1? For example 0.578.
    8. Is each row a combination of two columns?
    9. Is each row a combination of two cells?
    10. Is each cell a combination of two values that have a "+-" sign (or "-+" sign or a sign that shows "a plus [+] over a minus [-]") between them? For example 5.5 +- 8.2?

----------------------------------------

Please take time to answer ALL the above questions very CAREFULLY, so we (Dason!) can help you better. Thanks.

Sorry, one more time.
    I will try to answer your questions. At first, sorry but my English ins't good and sometimes I can use some words not very correct in the case.

I have 6 columns (cells) and about 200 or 300 rows (variables). And yes, I only have 6 cells. The unit is the count of each variable in each cell (is the frequency). The value of each row could be very different, I haven't limit of values for that, but is count, not ratio.

Pirate
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Thanks

No problem with English. My English is worse than yours but I read my posts a couple of times before sending them. I have not exaggerate if I say the experts here (I am not one of them) are the bests on the internet. So it is better not to kill their time.

The problem was not English, but was hasty readings and hasty and vague writings. If you can pay attention more responsibly, and keep posting more detailed and clearer posts more responsibly (like the above one - or even more detailed), the experts here can gladly help you better and faster and easier.

I have 6 columns (cells) and about 200 or 300 rows (variables). And yes, I only have 6 cells. The unit is the count of each variable in each cell (is the frequency). The value of each row could be very different, I haven't limit of values for that, but is count, not ratio.
    So you don't have 6 rows, but 6 columns. They are not cells; each cell is a square between one row and one column.

I have 6 columns (cells) and about 200 or 300 rows (variables).
    Ok do you have those 6 columns full of observations, available? Do you have the Excel file? Or maybe Word file? Or you have just the top row (which has 6 cells)?

The unit is the count of each variable in each cell (is the frequency).
    So you mean that if (for example) a column has 231 cells (231 values put on each other in a vertical linear formation [or simply, 231 rows in a column]), and each cell (within those 231 cells/rows) has a value of 5 (I mean you have 231 observation, all full of 5), does the top row (the one which holds the summary of that colum, the one that you care about) show you the value "231"?

Or does the top row show "5"?

---------------

If you have your data with 6 columns of 200 to 300 observations, please attach your data file here.

Also please be so kind to me and ANSWER EACH QUESTION in this post.
    "victor is the reviewer from hell" -Jake
    "victor is a machine! a publication machine!" -Vinux

Fortran must die
    Thanks

If you have 6 columns and 200 to 300 rows wouldn't you have at least 1200 cells?
    "Very few theories have been abandoned because they were found to be invalid on the basis of empirical evidence...." Spanos, 1995

TS Contributor
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Thanks

Maybe it would have been easier if not the data (-structure) would have been
    described first, but the actual study -- what this is all about (background, topic,
    objective) and what they have actually measured (number of fruit flies in
    a trap? mine explosions in different countries? number of funny jokes made
    in several televison programs?).

Just my 2pence

K.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2