After collecting data from 1000 questionnaires, I have found that the variables are not normally distributed.

If I want to test the correlations among the variables, is Spearman correlation the best choice in my case?

Also, is it possible to compare Spearman correlation coefficients to see if they are significantly different like Pearson correlation? Because I want to conclude something like "the association between X and Y is stronger in males than that in females"

Thank you very much for your kind attention