+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Correct methodology when not sure of linearity for continuous response variable

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 33

Thanks

Correct methodology when not sure of linearity for continuous response variable

I already posted on this, but haven't gotten an answer to my core question - which is, what type of statistical analysis should I run.

I have many dependent variables I want to measure (change in volume measurements over time) and want to look at how medication effects those changes. I want to look at:

1). Is there a statistically significant relationship between taking a drug in class A on volume change
    2) Is there a statistically significant difference in the effect of taking a drug in class A versus class B on volume change
    3) Is there a statistically significant difference between taking a certain drug in class A versus another drug in that same class on volume change?

Because the number of dependent variables is quite high, I am unsure of how I can test for linearity. Further, I am pretty sure I would find linearity with some, but not all, of the DV/IV combinations. I had originally planned on running multiple regression, but now am not sure if that's the right choice.

If someone can offer input or point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

TS Contributor
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Thanks

Re: Correct methodology when not sure of linearity for continuous response variable

I have many dependent variables I want to measure (change in volume measurements over time)
    Some addtional information might be useful. How many variables are there
    and how often were they measured? And how many subjects do you have
    in your study?
    1). Is there a statistically significant relationship between taking a drug in class A on volume change
    So you have several drugs from class A?

Could you please elaborate a bit more about your study design?
    Many measures, many time points, many groups/drug classes... -
    how did you actually carry out your study?

I am unsure of how I can test for linearity.
    You asked for group differences, what role does linearity
    play in your considerations?

With kind regards

K.

+ Reply to Thread