Hi everyone, I just want to understand definitively how to interpret coefficients on continuous variable-dummyvariable interaction terms.

Say my base variables are: CirculationShareDifference (continuous) and BroadbandAccess (dummy). The dependent variable is change in Voter turnout. If my results are as follows, how do I interpret the coefficient on the interaction variable. Do I subtract the interaction coefficient from the coefficient on the base variable Circulation Share? Or add it?

coeff circsharediff = .013
coeff BroadBand = .001
coeff circsharediffBroadBand .023

Does this mean there is an effect of (.023) + (.013) or .036 on circshareBB when voter turnout goes up. Or that there is an effect of (.023) - (.013) or .013? (i.e. 3.6% or 1.3%)

Here's one more version of the same question, but pertaining to when the coefficient on the base variable takes a negative value

coeff circsharediff = -.025
coeff BroadBand = .001
coeff circsharediffBroadBand .035

Does this mean there is an effect of (.035) + (-.025) or .010 on circshareBB when voter turnout goes up. Or that there is an effect of (.035) - (-.025) or .7? (i.e. 1% or 7%)

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. I have read explanations on-line but still am not sure I am understanding this.

Thank you

Frankie