Hello Statistics Forum,

I am using Fligner and Pollicello's robust rank-order (RRO) test to detect differences in central tendency between two samples.
The data comes from experimental economics simulations.

I would greatly appreciate your help with two issues I am facing with the right-tail critical values for the RRO test.
For ease of exposition, in both my questions I will assume that my data samples both have only 3 points, that is m=3, n=3.
The right-tail critical values of the RRO for m=3, n=3 are: 2.347 (significance 10%); and +infinity (significance 5%).
So, for instance, if the result of the test is 5.314, we conclude that the first samples is greater than the second sample at the 10% level (0.05<p<0.10). Instead, if the result of the test is 0.978, we conclude that the difference between the two samples is not significant at the 10% level (p>0.10).

(1) How to interpret the result of the test, when it is close to a finite critical value.

For example, if the result of the test is 2.3471001, is it safe to conclude that the first samples is greater than the second sample at the 10% level (0.05<p<0.10)?
Or if the result of the test is 2.3469899, is it safe to conclude that the difference between the two samples is not significant at the 10% level (p>0.10)?

(2) How to interpret the result of the test when it is not finite.

For example, if the result of the test is +infinity, is it safe to conclude that the first samples is greater than the second sample at the 5% level (p=0.05)?

Thanks in advance for your time, I appreciate it.