+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 46

Thanks

Question Need help

I have 3 groups, out of these 3, 1 is the control group. other two i have studied the effect of two modes of exercise. so i have before and after recording for the three groups. What test should i employ.The parameters include BP, HR, pulse etc.Please help

Omega Contributor
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,185 Times in 1,146 Posts

Re: Need help

Describe your dependent variable (outcome). Was treatment randomized?
    Stop cowardice, ban guns!

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 68

Thanks

Re: Need help

Quote Originally Posted by pavithran View Post
    I have 3 groups, out of these 3, 1 is the control group. other two i have studied the effect of two modes of exercise. so i have before and after recording for the three groups. What test should i employ.The parameters include BP, HR, pulse etc.Please help
    Without further information like sample size, a non-parametric test, like the Kruskal-Wallis test, would be good to use when comparing measures that are continuous or ordinal in nature. All the variables you mention are like that. If you want to know which of the 3 (=3 choose 2) possible pairings of groups differ, then you can repeat the test using only 2 groups at a time but you should control the type I error rate via Bonferroni or something similar.

If the continuous variables are normally distributed (and the ones you listed tend to be so) then ANOVA would be appropriate.

+ Reply to Thread