+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Panel Data Model. Problem !

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 42

Thanks

Panel Data Model. Problem !

Hi everyone,

First, Ihave to mention that I am newbie in statistic so I may have some evident questions !
    Actually, I am working on a project where I have to determin the impact ( the coefficients) of 15 independant variables on a certain dependant variable. My data base is composed of a panel of 25 coutry and an historic from 2005 to 2013. Which mean that there is 2 dimensions : individual dimension (countries) and a temporel dimension (years). After making some researchs I found that there is an econometric model (Panel Data model) that treats these kinds of data.
    Before starting the model, I need to clean my data (missing data, outliers and normalization) but the problem is that I don't know if I have to do these analyzis (the data preparation) on the individual level or the temporel level or there is a method to treat the data on the both level

I'm wating for your answer because Im' stuck here and thank you

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Thanks

Re: Panel Data Model. Problem !

Missing data analysis should be done on the whole data set (all countries and years). Especially if it comes to missing data imputation, you want to use as much non-missing information as possible.

Outlier diagnostics can be done by examining the residuals after you develop the optimal panel data model on the whole data set... Not a good idea to run outlier diagnostics separately for each country because of mutiple testing and the need to apply a kind of the Bonferroni adjustment.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 42

Thanks

Re: Panel Data Model. Problem !

Quote Originally Posted by staassis View Post
    Missing data analysis should be done on the whole data set (all countries and years). Especially if it comes to missing data imputation, you want to use as much non-missing information as possible.

Outlier diagnostics can be done by examining the residuals after you develop the optimal panel data model on the whole data set... Not a good idea to run outlier diagnostics separately for each country because of mutiple testing and the need to apply a kind of the Bonferroni adjustment.
    So you mean that I don't have to deal with the outliers separatly ( I actually started a treatement of outliers for each year and I wasn't sure of that ) ? but will the fact that the outliers still exit affect my model ?

+ Reply to Thread