+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Regress help

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 40

Thanks

Regress help

Hey everyone,

I have a problem I was wondering for help. I have the regression model for a class, and i choose to predict returns on stocks with the highest short interest. I'm starting work at a large ib, but my the look of my model i don't think i am going to graduate. I've tried everything basically my model sucks. My p values are high my r, r2, and ar2 make no sense, and I have multicollenarity between two variables. I've tried everything to get my model better. I hope someone can help.

Best,

jack

Omega Contributor
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 1,147 Posts

Re: Regress help

You are not going to graduate just because this one model seems un-interpretable?

It helps if you have a good question before you start your model. If the model does not predict well, it does not mean it is a poor model, but perhaps there is not relationship. You can center your variables to help address collinearity.
    Stop cowardice, ban guns!

Thanks

A clear question would be would you have any advice to help with any of my variables I attached a sheet on the regressions.
    Attached Files

Thanks

Could you possibly explain center my variables to address collinearity. I have been thinking about presenting it like you said that their is no relationship, but the professor but i am a little worried they are going to start calling me out at the end of my presentation on my variables. I can do changed but I have about 30 pages written so far. Thank you for your time. It is greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread