Hi,

Im conducting a questionnaire in order to examine the behavior of drivers of electric vehicles when providing information, such as parking time, to a charging station. For several reasons it is reasonable to assume that the drivers won`t provide accurate information to the charging station but tend to give conservative estimations.

In order to test this, I came up with the following design:

In one block of questions, which is randomly assigned to appear either at the very beginning or the very end of the questionnaire, I ask the respondent for what period of time he would purchase a parking ticket. He has to evaluate 5 different scenarios This is the reference point for me- as I assume that minimizing the cost of the parking ticket and avoiding an expensive penalty, when parking time exceeds the parking ticket, leads the respondent to give his most accurate estimation.

In a second block, at the opposite end of the questionnaire, - I ask how the respondent provides his data in the case of the charging station, for the exact same scenarios.

In between the two blocks I ask several questions, hoping for the respondent to forget what his answers in the first block were.

Now to my questions:
  • What would be the appropriate terminology for this kind of test?
    I would need at least a view keywords in order to find literature that can back up
    my design, or make me rethink and redesign parts of it.
  • Is it fair to say that this is a pretest-posttest "quasi-experiment" since the
    experiment is in changing the circumstances for the estimation?
  • Is a simple t-test appropriate to demonstrate that people give altering
    estimations for the exact same scenarios, in case for the two different
    circumstances?

Thank you very much for your help and input!