Hi everyone! I am am currently having a qualitative study and have finished conducting interviews with participants. Despite qualitative in nature, my study also involved the use of a questionnaire and I am thinking whether I can also utilize the data in my analysis.

I am really frustrated coz I only know the basics about statistics. I just found this forum and hope that you can offer me a help.

I am sorry that the following information may be a bit clumsy but I really hope that you can take a look and give me some inspiration. Your input will be very helpful to my study.

Background of my study:
My study aims at looking into parental control. I have interviewed 4 families and in each family, three members (father, mother and child) were separately interviewed (12 people in total). The highlight of my research is to adopt a multiadic approach, which sees a family as a unit of analysis. In conducting qualitative analysis, I compare and contrast the points of view of the three members of a single family, rather than analyzing the members one by one.

In order to backup my qualitative analysis, quantitative data analysis would be very helpful. For quantitative analysis, I would like to know if I can utilize a similar approach as my qualitative analysis. The format of my questionnaire is as follows:
- 32 items which included three subscales (authoritative parenting style x 15 items, authoritarian parenting style x 12 items and permissive parenting style x 5 items)
- each participant (father, mother and child) was asked to rate the parenting style of father and mother, In other word, father gave rating to himself and his wife, mother gave rating to herself and her husband, and child gave rating to father and mother
- Each item in 5-point likert scale
- To visualize the questionnaire, for example, the questionnaire for fathers looked like this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Item no-----Item-----------------------------------Rating for self*------Rating for wife*
1------------Explodes in anger towards child.-----------2----------------------3
2------------Finds it difficult to discipline child.---------1----------------------3

32-----------Responsive to child's feelings.--------------4---------------------4

*1=Never 2=Once in a while 3=About half of the time 4=Very often 5=Always
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- In this sense, I will get different results:
> Father's scores on authoritative, authoritarian and permissive style rated by child;
> Father's scores on authoritative, authoritarian and permissive style rated by mother;
> Father's scores on authoritative, authoritarian and permissive style rated by father;
> Mother's scores on authoritative, authoritarian and permissive style rated by child;
> Mother's scores on authoritative, authoritarian and permissive style rated by mother; and
> Mother's scores on authoritative, authoritarian and permissive style rated by father

Questions
Question 1:
Given that the scores made by an individual member are inter-related with other family member, I would like to know if there are any appropriate methods to analyse the scores within each single family, for example, to see if the scores given by "child A" on "father A"'s level of permissiveness is significantly different from the rating made by "mother A" and "father A". (I am using SPSS)

Question 2:
I would also like to know if I can gather the scores of all 4 families and conduct statistical analysis. I am considering treating each family as 1 participant and conducting a one-way within-subject (Repeated Measures) ANOVA (e.g. with condition 1=father's permissiveness rated by child, condition 2=father's permissiveness rated by mother, and condition 3=father's permissiveness rated by father). I learnt from lecture that this analysis is used for comparing the results at different time point, instead of using in my situation. But is it an appropriate way to do so in my study?

Question 3:
My supervisor also noted that I have a relatively small sample size and asked me to consider non-parametric analysis. However, I have not clue about what it is. Would this makes a great difference on what type of analysis that I should use?

Thank you very much for your patience to read all these. Thank you very very very for your help!