+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Statistically compare 2 3D structures

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 48

Thanks

Statistically compare 2 3D structures

G壇ay Statistics Forum

I知 having a little bit of trouble with the statistical analysis segment of my honors thesis proposal and was hoping one of you helpful folk might be able to offer some insight.

I believe this sounds more complex than it actually is, so bear with me cause I am really up the creek on this one.

I知 using remote sensing technology to derive a suite of data; I知 calling the 船etectable Physical Structure (DPS), for some trees. I知 also getting field measurements of the vegetation痴 羨ctual Physical Structure (APS).

Each tree has these 2 datasets and each of these datasets consists of 3D points representing the position of the trunk and branches that constitute the tree (a kind of 3D connect the dots).

Each of these subject points is given an identification number (Point_ID_1), the 噌, 塑 and 岨 values (equivalent to easting, northing and elevation respectively) and the next 3D point, or points, to which the subject point will connect upwardly.
    (See attached diagram as I致e probably described this simple concept terribly).

I知 looking to perform statistical analysis on a dataset of 20 - 40 trees (each with a sub-dataset of DPS and APS) to see how similar the DPS structure generally is to the APS and subsequently if there is a correlation between the two.

If my understanding of statistics is correct I need to generate some value to determine the accuracy of the DPS and run a regression analysis for the relationship between the DPS value and the APS value for each tree.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated, if my explanation is a little weak let me know and I値l try to clarify it a bit better.

Regards
    MattRNR
    Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread