+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conducting a White's test in SPSS

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 45

Thanks

Conducting a White's test in SPSS

PLEASE anyone?? I'm really struggling here...

Hi everyone,

I've seen a tutorial on youtube on how to conduct a white's test in spss. I was wondering if you could confirm this is the right way to do it, because I've read some others ways as well.
    I conduct a white's test like this : First I just run my regression and save the unstandardized predicted values en unstandardized residuals. Then I run a regression again, with the squared unstandardized residuals as the dependent, and the predicted values and the squared predicted values as the independents. In the output I look at the p-value of the F test, if this is significant, there is heteroscedasticity.

Please tell me that's the right way to do it Another question, the White's test would be less powerfull with more predictors. I was wondering how many predictors would be too much...

I don't think this matters for my question, but anyway, the N = 219. Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by Charlotte_; 07-10-2015 at 10:42 AM.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 45

Thanks

Re: Conducting a White's test in SPSS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlgxEUPky_E

This is the video I watched and I followed the steps for the B-Ptest and the White's test. Is this the right way?

+ Reply to Thread