+ Reply to Thread

Thread: multiple measurements per condition for a repeated measures ANOVA

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 8

Thanks

multiple measurements per condition for a repeated measures ANOVA

I want to know whether I can use the repeated measures ANOVA for my analysis - I collected from 1 to 6 data points per condition from each of 13 subjects and wonder if I can average the measurements under each condition (the measurements were taken one right after the other to make sure the equipment worked)? My subjects walked over the measuring equipment repeatedly to make sure we got a measurement and some times we got up to six measurements per single condition.

I tried other analyses options as candidates, such as multiple regression, but found nothing specific about using multiple measurements as I described. I would prefer to use repeated measures ANOVA.

Thank you,

Rob

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 43

Thanks

Re: multiple measurements per condition for a repeated measures ANOVA

You can use RM ANOVA but it makes some fairly stringent assumptions: 1) Sphericity and 2) No missing data. A multi-level model makes fewer assumptions.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PeterFlom For This Useful Post:

relliott (07-28-2015)

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 43

Thanks

Re: multiple measurements per condition for a repeated measures ANOVA

Quote Originally Posted by relliott View Post
    I want to know whether I can use the repeated measures ANOVA for my analysis - I collected from 1 to 6 data points per condition from each of 13 subjects and wonder if I can average the measurements under each condition (the measurements were taken one right after the other to make sure the equipment worked)? My subjects walked over the measuring equipment repeatedly to make sure we got a measurement and some times we got up to six measurements per single condition.
    Yes, I would average the measures you got.
    However, if you feel confident too, and as PeterFlom stated a multi-level model makes fewer assumptions and may be more suitable.

+ Reply to Thread