+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assistance in selecting an appropriate test (two groups, seven years, rating data)

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 44

Thanks

Assistance in selecting an appropriate test (two groups, seven years, rating data)

This is my very first post, and I have just about exhausted my understanding of Google, my textbooks, and existing forum searches.

I am completing an assignment for an ecology course, and wanted to bolster my report with the appropriate statistical test.

We have assessed the quality of two different managed forest sites for "nature content" utilizing two different scales: 1) a simple ranking of 1 to 5 from perceived observation, and 2) a score of 0 - 100 utilizing an multiple criteria scoring rubric.

Our data for 2015 is combined with data from 6 prior years (7 years in total) to produce the complete data set. Within each year, the sample size ranged from 4 to 6 groups (this isn't meant to be a particularly robust analysis).

The main statistical question that I wish to address is:

1) For each of the two ranking systems (1 to 5 and the rubric), are pair-wise year to year changes statistically different when comparing the two forested sites.

I am just hung up on what to do with the variable sample size by year, although I am quite convinced that either are student;s T-test or Mann-Whitney U test is the appropriate operation.

I am attaching the data sheet and some graphs for guidance.
    Attached Files

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 44

Thanks

Re: Assistance in selecting an appropriate test (two groups, seven years, rating data

Also, the groups ranking each year were independent from each other (new class groups); however, those doing the rankings within the year for each of the two forested sites WERE the same groups, so I imagine dependent.

+ Reply to Thread