+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do I use PERMANOVA/interpret the results

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 14

Thanks

How do I use PERMANOVA/interpret the results

I am doing this research project comparing the snail community across two species of sea grass. Ten sample quadrats were collected from each sea grass species. So in this case, my two factors that I am comparing are my two species of sea grass. The variables in this case would be the different species of snails found on the seagrass. In this case, I found a total of 15 species of snails. Therefore, I will be doing a community analysis across two species of sea grass with 15 snail species variables.

I think PERMANOVA would be the best way to do a proper community analysis but I am not sure of the conditions required to use PERMANOVA. I am using PERMANOVA on the Primer software but I am not sure how to key in my data properly and interpret the results.

Do you have any advice on how to key in my data and how to interpret my results?

So far I have attempted once and it has termed my factors "Loc 1" and "Loc 2" respectively. However for some reason I can't get it to generate a Pseudo F-statistic for Loc 1(it says no test), though a pseudo F-statistic and p-value is generated for Loc 2.

I think there is something wrong with my data entry here as I am getting no results for the Loc 1 X Loc 2 category which I suppose is the data that would represent whether the two communities are similar or different?

Thank you in advance!

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Thanks

Re: How do I use PERMANOVA/interpret the results

I can help, but not now. Youll need to post an example of your data so I can understand what is going on.
    The earth is round: P<0.05

+ Reply to Thread