+ Reply to Thread

Thread: normal distribution

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 3

Thanks

normal distribution

Hello

I have two separate population (sick/ not sick), that I wanted to check if a specific variable (cognitive variable- general mind wandering score) is distributed normally - in those populations- and distribution in both populations was normal.

Now- in the mind wandering variable there are four levels (1-very concrete, 2, 3- still connect to the stimulus but there is expansion of it , 4- mind wandering) every participant has a score for every level.
    so, I wanted to do a mix anova (dependent variable: percentage of every level of mind wandering (1,2,3,4- inbetween subjects), indepenet variable :sick/ not - between subjects.

The thing is that when I check the distribution per level of Mind Wandering (1,2,3,4)- it is not normal.

If I know, as I mentioned above that in the general score of this variable, the population distribute normally, can I continue to the mix anove test even though, in the different levels of this variable the distribution is not normal?

Thank you
    Tal

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 42

Thanks

Re: normal distribution

It takes an average weekday commute of 39 minutes with a Standard Deviation of 7 minutes for the employees to get to work when they use their personal vehicles for their office commute while management set a policy of not more than 40 minutes for their daily one-way commute.For the employees choosing to increase their chances to come on time using personal transportation their variation should be reduced to ___________?

A. 1 minute
    B. 6 minutes
    C. 3.5 minutes
    D. Eliminate it to 0.0 minutes

The answer is C.

I have used the Z score in solving this question and my answer is A. Anyone knows how to get C as the answer? Thanks for your help!

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 3

Thanks

please, don't write your question as response to mine, open a new subject, because now- I won't get an answer to mine, and it's not nice. Thank you

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 42

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by talgef View Post
    please, don't write your question as response to mine, open a new subject, because now- I won't get an answer to mine, and it's not nice. Thank you
    My apologies. I am new here and was looking for a place to post. Will re-post it some where else.

TS Contributor
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Thanks

If I know, as I mentioned above that in the general score of this variable, the population distribute normally, can I continue to the mix anove test even though, in the different levels of this variable the distribution is not normal?
    If your sample size is large enough (n > 30), normality is not a necessary
    condition, AFAIK.

With kind regards

K.

+ Reply to Thread