Hello everybody,

I am currently in the final phase of my master thesis. I have collected my data and I am trying to do my statistical tests, but I cannot seem to figure out what tests I should use. Let me explain my research model.

I am trying to research if intangibility (moderator) has an effect on the relationship between value motivations (IV) and purchase intention (DV).
- I measured value motivations via 18 items on a 1-7 Likert scale. Example: 'when I go shopping, I like to go for hedonic purposes'.
- I measured purchase intention for two scenarios (1 being highly intangible, 1 being very low in intangibility) on a 1-7 Likert scale. Example: 'I would like to purchase this good.'

I want to prove that when intangibility is high, the relationship between value motivations and purchase intention is weakened.

So to sum up:
- my DV (purchase intention) is continuous
- my IV (value motivations) is continuous
- my moderator (intangibility) is discrete (1 or 2, one of the two scenarios)

H1: Value motivations has a positive effect on purchase intention.
H2: Intangibility has a negative effect on purchase intention.
H3: Intangibility has a negative effect on the relationship between motivations and purchase intention.

Can somebody help me what tests I should use and in what order? I was thinking of hierarchical regression but since my moderator is discrete, I am not quite sure what to do.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!