I operate a 100-person pool that plays the Powerball and Mega Millions lottery. I'm looking for a rational way to compare the odds of us winning a Jackpot vs. the odds of an individual (or all our players collectively) being struck by lightning during a year, a quarter, or for each drawing. It's kind of complicated, due to the different time periods involved. All I need is one number that people can use as a guideline, such as:
"You are X times as likely to be hit by lightning as we are of winning a jackpot during any year (or quarter, or individual drawing, etc.)" Best would be to express X to one decimal place, and I think that "our pool during a year" might be the best way to express the overall probablility.
The U.S. National Weather service posts detailed odds on lightning strikes HERE.

We have about 100 players, and each quarter we participate in the following lotteries:

Mega Millions (odds of winning a jackpot are one in 259 million) - we buy 45 tickets for each of the 26 drawings during the quarter.

Powerball (odds of winning a jackpot are one in 292 million) - we buy 26 tickets for each of the 26 drawings during the quarter.

That's it. There are many not-so-rational comparisons of lottery vs. lightning out there; I'm looking for a rational one, developed by somebody knowledgeable.

If you have any questions, just ask.