+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The null hypothesis

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 96

Thanks

Question The null hypothesis

Hi everybody, I would like to hear from you your suggestions, I would be grateful to your help and thank you in advance for your help.

I am a newbie in Statistics and I have come up with a set of hypotheses for my research and they are all directional and alternative. I want to come up with the null hypotheses for these two hypotheses:
    Ha- Male university students use political news on the Internet for information seeking and surveillance, yet female students use political news on the Internet for guidance.
    Ha- University students with high level of education use political news on the Internet for information seeking purposes, yet students with low level of education use political news on the Internet for social utility purposes.

How can I use a one-tailed test to test the significance level of these two hypotheses as they are directional and what would be this test?
    Thanks a million

Omega Contributor
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 1,147 Posts

Re: The null hypothesis

Directional on what? The outcome seems to be categorical.
    Stop cowardice, ban guns!

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 96

Thanks

Re: The null hypothesis

Thanks a lot hlsmith for your reply! I mean the hypotheses are not two-tailed, they are one tailed so they are directional. In a directional hypothesis test, or a one-tailed test, the statistical hypotheses (H0 and H1) specify either an increase or a decrease in the population mean. That is, they make a statement about the direction of the effect”

+ Reply to Thread