+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What stat test to use when comparing against a control?

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 46

Thanks

What stat test to use when comparing against a control?

Hey guys,

I've done an experiment where a participant ingested alcohol and did reaction time tests (every 15 minutes while it was eliminated). I also had a control participant do the reaction time tests. I'm looking at what test I can do to show whether the alcohol had a significant impact on reaction time (ideally for both reaction time vs. time and reaction time vs. BAC graphs).

I can't get an ANOVA to give me meaningful results as it is comparing the means of the two participants, even though the baseline (zero alcohol) reaction times are different for the two.

Thanks in advance

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 144

Thanks

Re: What stat test to use when comparing against a control?

Hm. One subject in each group. Not the usual experimental design! Maybe you could fit a regression line of some sort for each subject and compare the slopes. If the results are very obvious and not terribly variable within subjects, a plot might almost do it for you. If the results are very variable and non-obvious I kind of doubt you'll be able to get a convincing result without a larger sample size.

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 44

Thanks

Re: What stat test to use when comparing against a control?

what you want is a Regression Discontinuity Design. I just dont know how meaningful it will be with two subjects. Especially considering the data will be psuedo replicated.

+ Reply to Thread