Hello,

I'm doing a study in which I'm looking into the effects of three different repeated sprint training modes on performance, whilst also looking at what effect using players of different ages has. To analyse this, I'm using a 3 x 2 repeated measures ANOVA (3 trials, two age groups).

The outcomes I want to know are as follows:
1) Does the type of repeated sprint training mode have an effect on performance for the group as a whole (i.e. independent of what age they are)
2) Are there differences in the changes in performance in the three trials depending on the maturity group (i.e. is there a trial x age interaction)
3) Does the type of repeated sprint trial have an effect on performance for the more mature and for the less mature group seperately (i.e. is the performance in trial A siginificantly different from trial B in either group) I'm not completely sure if this question is different from the previous one on the interaction effect.
4) Are there significant differences between the age groups during any of the trials.

I'm wondering if a 3 x 2 ANOVA with a post-hoc analysis would be sufficient to answer all of these questions. Is it possible for me to not find an interaction, but to find that one age group shows significant within-group changes, while the other one doesn't?

Hope that all makes sense and any help would be much appreciated!