+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which Stats Test To Use? ~~Desperately seeking help!

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 39

Thanks

Which Stats Test To Use? ~~Desperately seeking help!

Hello internet! I'm concluding data analysis on a social psych study, but I've hit a wall. I don't know which test would be best to analyze this portion of my data (I'm using SPSS for data analysis if that makes a difference), so here's the skinny:

My sample group is made up of musicians, and they were asked to rate their level of experience on a scale of 1-7 as well as label their genre of practice. My test material was a survey that was scored on a numeric scale.

I'm trying to show a correlation between level of experience and increase in survey scores. For the second test I'm trying to show that there's a link between survey score and genre of practice.

For my previous data analysis I'd been using Independent factor T-tests when I was showing correlation between Gender or identification as a musician (yes or no question) and the test scores, but I want to know how all 7 degrees of the musical experience relate and if it's a significant correlation, the same as well for the genre of choice.

What form of test analysis would you use? help I'm so lost >.<

TS Contributor
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Thanks

Re: Which Stats Test To Use? ~~Desperately seeking help!

I'm trying to show a correlation between level of experience and increase in survey scores.
    You could perform a repeated measures ANOVA on the survey scores (within-subject factor would be time of measurement), with experience as additional covariate. Don't forget to include the interaction between experience and within-subject factor in the model (this is what you ar interested in most, AFAICS).

For the second test I'm trying to show that there's a link between survey score and genre of practice.
    Survey score or difference of survey scores? For the first, you can use oneway ANOVA.

Wih kind regards

K.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Karabiner For This Useful Post:

lil_1 (04-30-2016)

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 39

Thanks

Re: Which Stats Test To Use? ~~Desperately seeking help!

"You could perform a repeated measures ANOVA on the survey scores (within-subject factor would be time of measurement), with experience as additional covariate."

On the other question you were dead on with the one-way ANOVA! Thank you!
    One more question:
    With the increase in experience V survey scores analysis, my study was not longitudinal, so each level of experience is an independent group. Should I use the one-way ANOVA again instead of the repeated measures ANOVA?

+ Reply to Thread