+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm getting an asterik for p-value in minitab when I try to do a two-way ANOVA. Help

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 46

Thanks

I'm getting an asterik for p-value in minitab when I try to do a two-way ANOVA. Help

I am trying to do a Two-Way ANOVA. I did what i think I need to do to have the p-value show up on the screen (after i click the button that starts the calculation) but, all i see next to the P-value and F-value is asterisks. When i googled the problem I found the following answer on the website where you can download minitab. "The asterisks represent missing values that cannot be calculated because the model is saturated and there are not enough degrees of freedom for error." What specific things should I do to my data to get Minitab ( a software that does statistical calculations) to calculate and show the p value, f value etc. My data is the number of video game soccer games I won that lasted different lengths. Half the games were only seen by me. The other half of the games were seen by me and someone else. The goal of the assignment is to see if there is an effect and/or interaction between how long a video game soccer game is and how many games i win as well to find out if there is an effect and/or interaction between how many games I win that are seen by just me and games that are seen by me and somebody else. Let me know if i should and how i should set this data up differently so that i get a F-value and a p-value. (The data is below.) What specific things should I do to my data to get Minitab ( a software that does statistical calculations) to calculate and show the p value, f value etc. Here is a picture of the way i have set the data up.

TS Contributor
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Thanks

Re: I'm getting an asterik for p-value in minitab when I try to do a two-way ANOVA. H

There are two possible solutions to resolving this issue:
    1) Free up degrees of freedom by reducing the model (i.e., removing the 2-way interaction). Since you require the interaction, this option is not feasible, and you must go to option 2.
    2) Create additional degrees of freedom by replicating the design. Since you have already run the design once and cannot randomize the replicate(s) with the original, you are actually running a blocked design. That is, the replicates are blocked on days. Some could argue that it is now a repeated measures design, but that really depends on your goal.

+ Reply to Thread