+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how to compare samples with single observations

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 100

Thanks

how to compare samples with single observations

Hi I have a data for water sample genotoxicity. All data consists of single observations and no replicates. I want to compare samples with negative control. ANOVA not possible i believe...or is it? Is their some other test. Pls help.
    Thanks!

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50

Thanks

Re: how to compare samples with single observations

Quote Originally Posted by sk2 View Post
    Hi I have a data for water sample genotoxicity. All data consists of single observations and no replicates. I want to compare samples with negative control. ANOVA not possible i believe...or is it? Is their some other test. Pls help.
    Thanks!
    You'll have to be more specific. What is the project you are working or if it's a question from a text..please post it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to statsforpsychyinstructor For This Useful Post:

sk2 (06-22-2016)

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 100

Thanks

Re: how to compare samples with single observations

Ok!
    I am testing percent genotoxicity of water samples using a bioassay which is expensive to perform and therefore cannot have replicates. Each sample is analyzed only once. Same goes for negative control. Now i want to compare the genotoxicity of all samples with each other and with negative control. How to do that as ANOVA requires at least triplicate values for all samples. So which other test is possible. Please help!

+ Reply to Thread