+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Comparison groups - how to test whether effect is stronger on one group than another?

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 46

Thanks

Comparison groups - how to test whether effect is stronger on one group than another?

Hi guys,

I would like to know whether a nominal variable (with four categories: credit-, debitcard, cash and neutral priming method) has a stronger effect on luxury vs non-luxury consumers. The DV is the likilihood to buy a product and the IV is the nominal variable with the afore mentioned priming methods. I have tested the effect of the nominal variable on two groups, by conducting a One Way ANOVA. However I would like to know how I can test whether and to what extent a priming method (let's say cash priming) has a stronger effect on one group (luxury consumers) compared to another group (non-luxury consumers). It would be great if someone could give me some advice.

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Gus

TS Contributor
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Thanks

Re: Comparison groups - how to test whether effect is stronger on one group than anot

Assuming that the 4 priming methodes were applied to 4 distinct groups (no repeated measures design), then factorial ANOVA with 2 factors (priming and group). The interaction tells us whether the effect of one factor differs between levels of the other factor.

With kind regards

K.

+ Reply to Thread