+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sig diff means - likert scale and multiple variables

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 46

Thanks

Question Sig diff means - likert scale and multiple variables

Hi,

I have a dataset of 100 survey responses. The survey asked respondents how frequently they engaged in certain leadership behaviours. There were 6 statements for each behaviour, and 6 behaviours in total (so 36 questions) with a 10 point likert scale. I have calculated each respondents individual mean score for each of the 6 behaviours, and I would like to test to see if there is a significant difference between the different behaviours to see if some behaviours are performed significantly more often than others.

Would a Friedman test be the appropriate means of doing this? Also, is there a way of seeing which particular behaviours are significantly different?

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6

Thanks

Re: Sig diff means - likert scale and multiple variables

Quote Originally Posted by evegrace View Post
    Hi,

I have a dataset of 100 survey responses. The survey asked respondents how frequently they engaged in certain leadership behaviours. There were 6 statements for each behaviour, and 6 behaviours in total (so 36 questions) with a 10 point likert scale. I have calculated each respondents individual mean score for each of the 6 behaviours, and I would like to test to see if there is a significant difference between the different behaviours to see if some behaviours are performed significantly more often than others.

Would a Friedman test be the appropriate means of doing this? Also, is there a way of seeing which particular behaviours are significantly different?
    I'm still a bit new to hypothesis testing, but just as an aside I think you can use a Repeated Measures ANOVA test as there is dependence across the 6 behaviors. If the null is rejected then you would know that at least one behavior mean is different from another, though I think other techniques would be needed to verify which one.

+ Reply to Thread