+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Statistical method to compare urban vs rural matched siblings

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 41

Thanks

Statistical method to compare urban vs rural matched siblings

I am writing a study protocol for my masters thesis. The study seeks to compare the rates of Non Communicable Diseases and risk factors and determine the effects of rural to urban migration. Sibling pairs will be identified from a rural area. One of the siblings should have participated in the rural NCD survey which is currently on going in the area. The other sibling should have left the area and reported moving to a city.Data will collected by completing a questionnaire on demographics, family history,medical history, diet,alcohol consumption, smoking ,physical activity.This will be done for both the rural and urban sibling, with data on the amount of time spent in urban areas fur

The outcomes which are binary (whether one has a condition or not) are : 1.diabetic, 2.hypertensive, 3.obese

What statistical method can I use to compare the outcomes (stated above) between the two groups, considering that the siblings were matched (one urban sibling for every rural sibling)?

What statistical methods can also be used to explore associations between amount spent in urban residence and the outcomes?

Omega Contributor
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 1,147 Posts

Re: Statistical method to compare urban vs rural matched siblings

Your primary objectives can likely be addressed using conditional logistic regression modeling, conditional on matching, so a unique matched ID goes in the strata statement.
    Stop cowardice, ban guns!

+ Reply to Thread