+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Matched Groups Statistics

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 2

Thanks

Matched Groups Statistics

Hello all

hope this is the right thread for the question and that someone will be able to help me out

I have created a propensity matched control for my case group and am unsure now which test to use for statistical comparision of my outcome variables (most categorical, some ordinal and some continuous).

Primarily I would use McNemar's test for the categorical variables and paired t tests for the continuous, but maybe I should/could use also some kind of regression (with or without control for some other variables not included in the matching procedure?)

And how should I proceed to compare the groups also after including the unmatched cases (giving respective group sizes of ~400 cases vs ~350 controls)?? I don't think I can use McNemars or paired t tests there, as they compare only the matched cases...

I would be very grateful if someone could answer my probably pretty basic questions.. .
    Thank you very much!

Cheers

summit cross

Omega Contributor
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 1,147 Posts

Re: Matched Groups Statistics

Just look up "conditional regression". It has a option for strata typically where you account for the unique identifier that matches the units.
    Stop cowardice, ban guns!

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 2

Thanks

Re: Matched Groups Statistics

Hi
    thanks for the tip! I came across conditional regression but don't know how to do it in r or spss... could you tell me or do you maybe have a link to a tutorial or step-by-step walkthrough or something like that ?

and (it's probably a silly question) why should conditional regression be preferred over McNemar's test?

and does it make a difference for the analysis if it is not a case-control but a matched cohort study?

Sorry for the many questions, I've been trying to find it out all day long but just don't have enough knowledge of the matter to make sense of the partially conflicting advises I found...

Cheers

+ Reply to Thread