+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Testing for difference between locations of two variables using longitude and latitud

Testing for difference between locations of two variables using longitude and latitud

Hello,

Hypothesis: there is a correlation between instances of violent conflict and mining concessions in the DRC. I have data sets of both variables with longitude and latitude values and I was wondering how I would go about proving or disproving a correlation with this data.

Thanks in advance

Omega Contributor
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 1,147 Posts

Re: Testing for difference between locations of two variables using longitude and lat

I would place strong emphasis on CORRELATION. It may also be beneficial to look up Ecological Fallacy. Lastly, you have to treat us like we have no idea what DRC means.

Also, try to provide more information on your variables, I would have to presume your intentions. Are you saying that you have an area with restrictions (yes/no) and a location where conflict is occurring so it will be (yes/no) versus degrees of distance away from the location? No idea what you are proposing.

Thanks!
    Stop cowardice, ban guns!

+ Reply to Thread