+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HELP with data collection methods and data analysis in quantitative research : )

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 36

Thanks

HELP with data collection methods and data analysis in quantitative research : )

I am doing a research proposal on the effect of a drug on haemorrhage growth in traumatic brain injury.
    My null hypothesis: TXA does not reduce the progression of intracranial haemorrhage in isolated traumatic brain injury when given less than 3 hours post injury.

What level of data measurement will i use to collect data on the increase in haemorrhage size greater than 25% on CT scan (primary outcome) and measuring disability and blood product use as secondary outcomes?

And how will i analyse the data? what statistical test? i was thinking the Mann-Whitney U test??????

Thank
    Kate : )

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 36

Thanks

Re: HELP with data collection methods and data analysis in quantitative research : )

To add to this:

The study is a single centre, randomised control, double blinded trial.

My IV is tranexamic acid (and I'm also wondering if the placebo is also an IV?)

My DV is haemorrhage size and will be measured by CT scan (gold standard test)

The confounding variables: age, gender, co-morbidities and presence of coagulopathy (In an attempt to minimise the impact of these variables, they will be distributed evenly throughout the two groups by using a computerised random assignment generator)

(This is my first time doing statistics so apologies if I'm not making sense! This is a proposed study for a research subject in my masters)

+ Reply to Thread