+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with regards to deciding appropriate statistical test for success criteria

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 39

Thanks

Help with regards to deciding appropriate statistical test for success criteria

Hello,
    I have the collective data of 35 eyes that underwent trabeculectomy surgery for glaucoma control. There is no control group, and based on the levels of postoperative intraocular pressure control the result are grouped into absolute success, relative success & failure. What statistical test in SPSS version 23 would be appropriate to determine if the success rate in this single group is significant ( as there is no control group with which to compare the outcomes?
    Thank you.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Thanks

Re: Help with regards to deciding appropriate statistical test for success criteria

Hi, welcome.

Significant compared to what, exactly? You need some reference, like a control group. Or with a benchmark success rate (say, 60%), you could compare it with a binomial test, to see if it significantly differs from that. But to be honest, that is so post-hoc that I wouldn't bother. I would just report the outcomes descriptively, i.e., the numbers of success, relative success and failure.

+ Reply to Thread