+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Urgent: SPSS multiple regression moderator analysis

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 29

Thanks

Urgent: SPSS multiple regression moderator analysis

Hello everybody,

I am glad I found my way to this forum! There seem to be a lot of SPSS pros here! I hope I can learn a bit!

I am currently conducting a research for my thesis and I am struggling with a problem that I don't know how to solve. I might be easy for some of you but as it is my first research, I am not that experienced yet. Youtube helped a lot so far, but now I don't know how to continue:

Situation:
    It is about the automotive industry and finding differences in what makes suppliers be willing to get involved in the buyer's (Car manufacturers) Product Development. Responses were collected from automotive industry suppliers obviously.

Four IV (Trust, Communication, Buyer Dependence, Supplier Dependence) explaining one
    DV (Supplier Willingness to get involved in Buyer's New Product Development). Further there is one Moderating variable "price class" (either 1 for Premium car Brands or 2 for Standard car Brands.

Now:
    I have used SPSS already and found I think significant effects for three of the 4 IV, but I really don't figure how I can include the moderator to check whether the effects of the other 4 IV are influenced by this moderator.

I somehow also didn't manage to find good help in google so far. Maybe look for the wrong terms.

PLEASE HELP! I attached a screenshot of my approach and results so far. Maybe you already find a problem there?

Best,

Philipp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbenannt.jpg‎
Views:	14
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	6301   Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbenannt2.jpg‎
Views:	14
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	6302  

Thanks

Re: Urgent: SPSS multiple regression moderator analysis

Is there nobody who could help me out?

TS Contributor
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Thanks

I somehow also didn't manage to find good help in google so far. Maybe look for the wrong terms.
    http://bfy.tw/8XdU

Moderation effects are interaction effects. Have a look at Frazier, P. A., Tix, A. P. & Barron, K. E. (2004). Testing moderator and mediator effects in counseling psychology research. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 51, 115-134.

HTH

K.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Karabiner For This Useful Post:

PhilST (11-03-2016)

Thanks

Oh wow, thanks a lot! I stumbled upon the first link there earlier but it was not clear to me that my moderator is a dichotomous variable! Maybe I should have checked more in that direction!

Thank you very much and sorry for the seemingly stupid question!

+ Reply to Thread