+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stuck on Battle Plan for analysis

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 46

Thanks

Stuck on Battle Plan for analysis

Hello,

Currently I am looking for some advice regarding my research.

Previous research has shown that Construct 1 and Construct 2 are both highly correlated with Construct 3 via self-reporting. However, Construct 3 has come under fire for being over-reported. To investigate this over-reporting, I am looking at identifying a new form of Construct 3, termed "Perceived Construct 3" which is a reporting of Construct 3 despite a lack of reporting of Construct 1 and 2 in their respective measures. I will then be comparing the occurrence of Perceived Construct 3 across two independent samples.

That being said, I'm completely lost as to how I would begin analyzing these results. Can anyone give me some advice as far as how I would quantify Perceived Construct 3 (would I dummy code as a new variable according to specific thresholds established in the measurement of Constructs 1, 2, and 3?), assess its validity, and then compare its occurrence across the two samples?

Thank you for the help!

TS Contributor
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Thanks

Re: Stuck on Battle Plan for analysis

What are these 3 constructs actually, and how were they measured? And what is your research question? And who are the subjects in the 2 independent samples?

With kind regards

K.

+ Reply to Thread