+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ANOVA - Calculate the sum of squares within and between from the total sum of squares

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 97

Thanks

ANOVA - Calculate the sum of squares within and between from the total sum of squares

Hi there, I am wondering how to calculate the Sum of Squares within and the Sum of Squares between when I have been given the total sum of squares, the mean squares and the df.

Total SS = 675.167
    MS = 337.583
    Df = 2

All in all I need to calculate the F-ratio from this data however first need the SS within and SS between for the formula. I just have no idea how to do this. Please help!

Thank you

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 26

Thanks

Re: ANOVA - Calculate the sum of squares within and between from the total sum of squ

There is something wrong here. Are you sure that this is the right question and this is all the data you have?

TS Contributor
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Thanks

Re: ANOVA - Calculate the sum of squares within and between from the total sum of squ

This does seem incomplete. It you make an assumption that the MS and df information is the Between groups information, you can calculate the Within SS, but without the Within (or Total) df. you cannot calculate Within MS, which is necessary to calculate the F-statistic.

+ Reply to Thread