+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to choose analyzing method using discrete/categorical and continous variables?

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 36

Thanks

Last edited by Grovius; 12-18-2016 at 03:28 PM.

TS Contributor
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 69

Thanks

Re: How to choose analyzing method using discrete/categorical and continous variables

Well ANOVA and regression are not necessarily so very different. How about simply choosing the one of the two you understand the best?

And no there are not any formulas specifying what method to use. There are guidelines but they are - as you have experienced - ambiguous. Nothing is ever clear cut, welcome to reality.

Thanks

Re: How to choose analyzing method using discrete/categorical and continous variables

Last edited by Grovius; 12-18-2016 at 03:28 PM.

TS Contributor

Thanks

Well even though you have data, nominal, ordinal and numeric you still have to ask questions to make the data speak, so you could try to post something about what you want to know. Usually you would try to pick a dependent variable and some independent variables. But really - not that it is any of my business - but if you are supposed to be doing this and have no skills in it, I would assume they did not hire you without expecting to teach you a little .... but im naive like that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JesperHP View Post
    Well even though you have data, nominal, ordinal and numeric you still have to ask questions to make the data speak, so you could try to post something about what you want to know. Usually you would try to pick a dependent variable and some independent variables. But really - not that it is any of my business - but if you are supposed to be doing this and have no skills in it, I would assume they did not hire you without expecting to teach you a little .... but im naive like that.
    Oh... sorry, I'm learning about this stuff, not hired - sorry, I didn't know students can't ask here! It's fine, please delete the thread then! This was embarrassing.

TS Contributor

Thanks

You are welcome to ask questions as a student. Sorry if I implied anything else.

ggplot2orBust
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Awards:
    User with most referrers
    Thanks

@Grovius please undelete your posts :-( they are useful to others with similar questions.
    "If you torture the data long enough it will eventually confess."
    -Ronald Harry Coase -

+ Reply to Thread