+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Simple percentage comparison

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 46

Thanks

Simple percentage comparison

Hi, I am working on a competition between 4 groups of people. The winner is the person who gets the most number of participants to show up at their location. Each location has a different number of registrants. The location winner was going to be based on the highest percentage of registrants that show up at the location. Each location varies.....one location has 52 registrants, another has 110 and another has 202. Do I need to weight each location differently because each population number is different or is it fair to declare a winner because we are comparing percentages?

Dark Knight
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Thanks

Re: Simple percentage comparison

Quote Originally Posted by ankrunner View Post
    Hi, I am working on a competition between 4 groups of people. The winner is the person who gets the most number of participants to show up at their location. Each location has a different number of registrants. The location winner was going to be based on the highest percentage of registrants that show up at the location. Each location varies.....one location has 52 registrants, another has 110 and another has 202. Do I need to weight each location differently because each population number is different or is it fair to declare a winner because we are comparing percentages?
    As you mentioned, it is a competition, the definition of winning is already there. So choosing the location will be part of the strategy of the game. If the rule and information about the locations are equally known to all competitors, there is no unfairness.
    In the long run, we're all dead.

+ Reply to Thread