Hi all! I am new here and am desperately in need of some expert assistance in choosing the correct statistical test to use.
I am looking at the concentrations of DNA samples taken from 32 different areas of 4 different participants (same areas for each participant). I want to determine if there is any statistically significant difference between the amounts of DNA found in:

a) the different areas between participants i.e. does the DNA found in area 1 of participant A differ from the DNA found in area 1 of participant B, C or D?

b) the different areas within each participant i.e. does the DNA found in area 1 of participant A differ significantly from the DNA found in area B on participant A?

So there are quite a few comparisons to make, I initially tried a one way ANOVA test in SPSS but it didn't produce the correct results and wouldn't perform a post hoc test. This must not have been the correct test for my data. Can anyone please provide any insight into which test would be right for my data. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!