+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Logistic Regression on SAS, all variables I put in to test are showing up as insignif

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 46

Thanks

Logistic Regression on SAS, all variables I put in to test are showing up as insignif

Hello,

I need help really badly.

I am using SAS to do my statistical modelling. I have several different categorical variables with the outcome variable being OBGYAsk --> which is whether or not the family doctor advises their patient about their future health.

So the independent variables I have are like Age, Marital status etc etc and they are all categorical.

I want to run a logistic regression to see whether socio demographic factors influence whether or not their doc advises them on their future health.

I have tested every single independent variable together and separately with the outcome and every single time it shows as insignificant.

I have about 203 observations. i also tried using Exact Logistic Regression, which showed the same outcome.

I tried with a different outcome, such as whether or not they got a pregnancy complication based on socio demogrpahics and the same results --> INSIGNIFICANT.

I really need help. I'm not sure whether my coding is wrong, or whether my same size is too small, or what is going on.

please help.
    thanks!

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 53

Thanks

Re: Logistic Regression on SAS, all variables I put in to test are showing up as insi

I would start by saying that "advising about future health" is a very vague outcome. Maybe you could provide us some more information regarding your variables. As I see it, age is not categorical in nature, unless you have made it categorical. If you can give is a brief look at the variables and the way the data are entered, this might be a useful place to start.

Omega Contributor
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,091 Times in 1,055 Posts

Re: Logistic Regression on SAS, all variables I put in to test are showing up as insi

Are patients cluster within provider? Meaning is a provider in the dataset more than once? If so that needs to be controlled for in the modeling!

A la multilevel modelling.
    Stop cowardice, ban guns!

+ Reply to Thread