+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which test to use?

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 48

Thanks

Which test to use?

I have come across a circumstance that I wonder if you can guide me in the right direction. There are player rankings or ratings for certain hockey players in the areas of skating, passing, shooting, stick handling, and defense. I am trying to assess whether these ratings, individually or in some interaction kind of way, can be a predictor to how successfully these players play in terms of points per game (maximizing it being the goal) and penalty minutes per game (minimizing it being the goal). Statistics are known for games played, points (goals and assists added together), and penalty minutes.

How would I go about assessing this? I ran a correlation study to see which factors by themselves have the strongest positive correlation to points per game, and penalty minutes per game. It made sense to me to a certain degree. But I canít help but feeling there is some interaction effect I am not capturing. For example, shooting skill showed to be unrelated to goal scoring and points per game production, which is highly counter-intuitive to me. I started to wonder if shooting combined with skating or defense (or both) was the strongest indicator, but I donít know how to test for such a thing. ANOVA with regression? Any guidance would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

TS Contributor
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Thanks

Re: Which test to use?

Sorry for the delay in releasing this post - it was placed in moderation by our anti-spam software (probably just since you're a first time poster and included an attachment). All good now!
    Matt aka CB | twitter.com/matthewmatix

+ Reply to Thread