+ Reply to Thread

Thread: associations and correlation VS Group differences

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 29

Thanks

associations and correlation VS Group differences

Hello to all Talk Stats members!
    I would really appreciate your help on an issue that's really troubling me...
    In a previous post of mine I talked about the following likert type question I have in my questionnaire;
    "How would you evaluate new technologies in your life?" (1: entirely negative - 5: entirely positive" (dependent variable)
    Now, I also have some independent variables; e.g. gender, years of service, attendance of any courses related to new technologies, place of residence, etc.

I had taken the decision to use a Mann-Whitney U test (for 2 groups in my independent variable) and a Kruskal Wallis H test (for more than 2 groups in my independent variable).
    However, a few hours ago I realized that there is a difference between study designs. The tests I chose "belong" to the "group differences" study design, but there is another study design about "associations and correlation". If I choose the latter, the test I am supposed to do is "ordinal regression".

As my knowledge in statistics are very moderate, please, could someone inform me about the difference between those two study designs? Which one should I choose? In a way they seem the same to me from the little I could find on the internet.

I hope my question is not very complicated! I am very grateful for any help!!!

TS Contributor
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Thanks

Re: associations and correlation VS Group differences

Sorry for the delay releasing this - for some reason it was automatically flagged by our anti-spam software.
    Matt aka CB | twitter.com/matthewmatix

TS Contributor
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Thanks

Re: associations and correlation VS Group differences

hi,
    what is the research question?
    regards

+ Reply to Thread