+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Non-linearity violation (predictor and log odds) in logistic regression with SAS

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 40

Thanks

Non-linearity violation (predictor and log odds) in logistic regression with SAS

Hi,
    I'm new to modelling and logistic regression, so I need a bit of help. I'm building a logistic regression model, and one of my continuous variables violates the linearity assumption (log odds). I can't categorise the continuous variable because I don't have enough events, so my only options are to add a quadratic or higher polynomial term, or fit splines. However, I have no experience with either, and I'm working with SAS and would have no idea what to enter into the code. As I mentioned before, I'm still learning, so reading online has been a bit of a challenge because the language is a bit advanced for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've attached a picture of my data, from when I was first checking to see if it was linear or not.
    Attached Images  

Omega Contributor
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,185 Times in 1,146 Posts

Re: Non-linearity violation (predictor and log odds) in logistic regression with SAS

Do you really only have 10 observations? How many events of interest do you have in the dependent variable (eg 50%)?

Can you post the code you used to make the Loses or where you got the logic values from?

Thanks!
    Stop cowardice, ban guns!

Omega Contributor
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,185 Times in 1,146 Posts

Re: Non-linearity violation (predictor and log odds) in logistic regression with SAS

Is this a redundant post. If so, I am going to recommend they get consolidated!
    Stop cowardice, ban guns!

+ Reply to Thread