Hello everyone,

I am wanting to make sure that what I have is a completely randomized design. This is not homework, but rather thesis research. It seems like a homework question, so I put this question in this subforum. I have taken quite a few stat courses, but I haven't been able to get to the bottom of this yet...

I have 8 experimental units. I am applying 3 different speeds and 3 different pressures to these experimental units at 3 replications each at a completely random order. I am measuring a specific response from the experimental units. Seems simple enough. However, due to experimental unit limitations (factory tolerances), the 3 speeds and 3 pressures are slightly different for half of the experimental units. One half is having speeds of 4, 6, and 8 while the other half is having speeds of 6, 8, and 10. In addition, the same thing is happening with the pressures. One group is having a pressure of 4, 6, and 8 and the other is having a pressure of 6, 8, and 10.

I think I can block the experimental units based on testing parameters, but I would rather keep it as completely randomized if I can. I just want to know if this is correct.

Thanks!