+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Test for multivariate analysis using multiple types of independent variables?

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 46

Thanks

Test for multivariate analysis using multiple types of independent variables?

Hey all, I'm new to the forum and relatively new to statistics (I took an intro biostats class, that's it). I'm working on my first "real world" analysis and would appreciate any help on this question:

In the analysis I'd like to perform, I have one dichotomous dependent variable and a large number of independent variables. Some of the IVs are dichotomous, some are nominal, and many are ordinal. I have been referring to this helpful site from UCLA to determine what test to use, but it doesn't help me when I have three different types of IVs.

Can you provide any guidance for how I can run a multivariate analysis in this situation? Thanks in advance.

TS Contributor
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Thanks

Re: Test for multivariate analysis using multiple types of independent variables?

Hiya!

Technically with one DV you don't need a multivariate analysis (multivariate = more than one DV). But anyhow, the most common approach in this situation would be binary logistic regression, but with your IVs dummy-coded.
    Matt aka CB | twitter.com/matthewmatix

+ Reply to Thread