+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to interpret Tukey's Test results?

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 11

Thanks

How to interpret Tukey's Test results?

I know how to interpret plot (a) but I am confused about plot (b) with the Tukey's Results... they don't seem like any of the results i've found online and I'm having trouble understanding the information gained from the plot
    Attached Images  

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 59

Thanks

Re: How to interpret Tukey's Test results?

Quote Originally Posted by jki View Post
    I know how to interpret plot (a) but I am confused about plot (b) with the Tukey's Results... they don't seem like any of the results i've found online and I'm having trouble understanding the information gained from the plot
    The way I learned it is that the means that are joined with bars are not significantly different from one another. From (b), I would interpret it as saying mu(-1,1) < mu(-1,-1) < [mu (1,-1) & mu(1,1)] which means that mu(1,1) and mu (1,-1) are not significantly different from one another (since joined by the line) but that they hold the spot of "largest" with mu (-1,-1) being significantly smaller located in the "middle" spot, with mu (-1,1) being significantly smaller than the other groups and occupying the "smallest" spot.

Really short: no significant difference between the two on the right joined by a line, but these two are significantly larger than the middle and left most means. The middle mean is significantly larger than the left most mean (-1,1).

Hope this is somewhat clear.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ondansetron For This Useful Post:

jki (04-28-2017)

+ Reply to Thread