+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good Morning from your friendly, neighborhood Mermaid Princess!

Good Morning from your friendly, neighborhood Mermaid Princess!

I am MP. I am in an Intro to Statistics class where the teacher is teaching us like we are statistics experts. I am losing my mind. I even lost connection on my first post, so I reposted and now I think I have two of the same question out there, but when I click on "my posts" the connection times out. Wow, I am having a day.

I am mostly here feeling overwhelmed as my final two weeks of class come to a close, but the one project my teacher gave us, he won't even help me. I even sat down with him this morning, to no avail. He is so stubborn and set in his way that I am an expert, and I have never even used statistics until now. This is all too confusing.

Anyway, I am a southern girl, I love to read, swim and play my Nintendo Wii U and Switch.

Princess Rosalina is boss!

Sent from my Sheikah Slate,

MP

Omega Contributor
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 1,147 Posts

Re: Good Morning from your friendly, neighborhood Mermaid Princess!

Hello,

Feel free to post your questions. I will let the moderators know about your troubles. There have been a few hiccups on the forum and we are likely going to make some changes in the next 2 months, but until then things may be slightly less than 100%.

You seem pretty animated, I hope the swimming helps release some of your stress.
    Stop cowardice, ban guns!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hlsmith For This Useful Post:

mermaid_princess (05-02-2017)

Fortran must die
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Thanks

You have to consider that your professor, almost certainly better at math than 99 percent of the population to start with, spent at least 6 years in graduate classes to get their PHD then wrote on the topic for years after that. What you consider expert he or she might well consider introductory. Its a problem with all stats classes, the instructor speaking poor English is also common I suspect.
    "Very few theories have been abandoned because they were found to be invalid on the basis of empirical evidence...." Spanos, 1995

5. The Following User Says Thank You to noetsi For This Useful Post:

mermaid_princess (05-02-2017)

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 9

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hlsmith View Post
    You seem pretty animated, I hope the swimming helps release some of your stress.
    I can be. Yesterday no swimming, I hit the firing range to test my new Lethal Lace holster. It is amazing, better than I had hoped.

Looking at your quote you may disagree with my choice of stress relief, but yesterday was a good day. As small as I am I conceal carry. Lethal Lace made my day.

Anywho, I am unable to find my posts. I am not even sure they went through. But I have been having trouble since my computer updated to Windows 10 1703 yesterday, so I have no idea how to fix this mess.

Thank you, hlsmith, I appreciate your time and help.

MP

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 9

Thanks

I've been out for nearly two days sick and now my posts in the help forum are gone. I don't know what's going on, but I am unable to find "my posts" or "threads I've started" and the 'Search' doesn't work. Is something going on with the site?
    -MP

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 19

Thanks

The same issues are happening to me but I don't know why. Anyway, welcome to the forum!

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 59

Thanks

such a nice username mermaid princess! Welcome!

+ Reply to Thread